We're back and super excited to announce our second event!
Our first event, held at Bench Accounting in November, was a hit and we were so honoured to get to know all of these lovely women in the tech community in Vancouver.
Now for the fun stuff! We're stoked about this second event; we really wanted to create a more intimate space where we can connect and get to know each other. And of course while also drinking mimosas and eating cookies. This will be held on a Saturday at Skyrocket (a local digital branding agency). We'll be hearing a talk from Marina Milenkovic on her experience moving from Silcon Valley to Vancouver. Shauna will also be sharing a bit more about this group.So what do you need to know about this event?
- It's free! Kind of. We ask instead of charging a price, that you bring an item to donate. We'll be donating all items to the YWCA, an organization that supports single mothers. They have a suggested donation list, please check it out! https://ywcavan.org/node/4134.
- Bring some kind of baked good! 'Tis the holiday season after all. Let's enjoy some tasty treats together. Homemade, store bought, doesn't matter! We just ask that you please bring a small card that shows the ingredient list. Mimosas will be provided ;)
- We have limited number of seats at Skyrocket, so please RSVP if you're planning to come. We'll be a bit diligent at the door for looking at tickets to ensure all who RSVP get first dibs.
- Holiday sweaters strongly encouraged!!
- Please arrive at 11:30, talks will start at 12pm sharp!
Not able to attend this event, but want to keep in touch with the group? Contact the organizers to get an invite to our Slack workspace!