We're back! And we're so excited about our third event. In case you haven't heard of us, we're Vancity Tech Women (new name coming soon, by the way!). We're a group of women working in tech that organize fun, casual social and charitable events for other women in the industry. We're 100% donation and sponsorship run as all of our events' proceeds always go to a local nonprofit/charity. Our mission is to create fun, no-pressure events where women in tech can build meaningful connections with each other.
As for this event, we have some awesome talks for you in a great venue with a glass of wine (or beer or juice) for you to enjoy. All proceeds of this event will be going to Women's Health Collective of Vancouver.
- Aliya Hassam, Software Engineer at Bench Accounting will join us to give a talk on writing software inclusively.
- Essay Nabbali & France-Emmanuelle from Women's Health Collective will be speaking on the impact WHC has in the community, the services they provide to women, and how to get involved.
All proceeds will be going to Vancouver Women's Health Collective. Vancouver Women's Health Collective are a non-profit organization helping self-identified women foster health, wellness and equity through feminist approaches to advocacy, shared knowledge and low-barrier programs and services.
To donate, volunteer or find out more about them check out their website at https://www.womenshealthcollective.ca/
Doors will open at 6:30, with speakers starting at 7pm.
There will be a greeter at the front entrance to let you up until 7pm.
- There will be self-serve refreshments for guests.
- Please note that STAT Search Analytics space is on the third floor and thus is not wheelchair accessible. We apologize for any guests who may not be able to attend because of this, and we're striving to ensure future events are accessible to all. If you know of any accessible, free, event spaces for us to look at, we'd greatly appreciate it.
- Want to get involved organizing/volunteering for future events? Or want to stay connected with the women you met and keep the fun going? Join our Slack community! Ask Shauna, Kei, or Marina for an invite. Or email firstname.lastname@example.org.